Date – Saturday, October 10th
Time – 5:30pm
Location – This year we’re back on Mass Ave!
Details – The tickets to the crawl will be $20 and will include a copy of our author Angela Jackson-Brown’s book Drinking From a Bitter Cup! All proceeds will go to Indy Reads to help promote literacy in central Indiana. Please note that this is a 21+ event, as all of the locations we are stopping at are bars. Though there is no requirement to drink, it is Indiana state law that no one under this age can enter these establishments.
Indiana has a great literary history, and we’re excited to share that with you (as well as a drink or two) and also help out a great organization!
Guest Author: Angela Jackson-Brown, award winning author of Drinking From a Bitter Cup, will be at our first stop to talk to us about her work, possibly do a reading, and honestly say anything into the microphone that she’d like (we can be pretty loosey-goosey with the rules for our authors, since our group is 21+). We all love Ms. Jackson-Brown’s work, and are thrilled that she’ll be joining us!
Raffle – There will be a raffle the night of the event with some great prizes from our wonderful sponsors! Please click on their logos on the side of the page to check out their websites!
Costume Contest – Dress as your favorite literary character for your chance to win fabulous prizes!
Drink Specials – The awesome pubs on our route have agreed to provide us with literary themed drink specials! Participating venues include:
- 9 Irish Brothers – Themed Drink: C. S. Lew’s Dew (Jameson Irish Whiskey, 2 dash of bitters, splash of Magners Irish Cider, Ginger beer, squeeze of lime) – $6.50
- Indy Reads Books
- Liberty Street – Themed Drink: Catch her in the rye (Rye Old Fashioned with cider) – $8
- Mass Ave Pub – Themed Drink: Elves Punch (Fruity cocktail w/ pineapple vodka) – $4
- Metro Nightclub – Themed Drink: Oakenshield (Bacardi Oakheart, ginger beer, lemon bitters & a lemon slice – $5
- Old National Centre – Themed Drinks: Gryffindor (Vodka, Strawberry Schnapps, Cranberry Juice) OR Slytherin (Vodka, Melon Schnapps, Mountain Dew) – Each $5
- Outliers Brewing Company