The 2017 pub crawl is SOLD OUT!
Date – Saturday, September 30th
Time – 5:30pm
Location – Fountain Square!
Details – Early bird tickets to the crawl are $20, and regular tickets (purchased after Sept 10) will be $25. All will include a signed copy of our author Jon Parrish’s book [email protected]#k! All proceeds will go to Indy Reads to help promote literacy in central Indiana. Please note that this is a 21+ event, as all of the locations we are stopping at are bars. Though there is no requirement to drink, it is Indiana state law that no one under this age can enter these establishments.
Indiana has a great literary history, and we’re excited to share that with you (as well as a drink or two) and also help out a great organization!
Guest Author: Jon Parrish, author of [email protected]#k, will be at our first stop to talk to us about his work, possibly do a reading, talk about his creative process, and honestly say anything into the microphone that he’d like (we can be pretty loosey-goosey with the rules for our authors, since our group is 21+).
Raffle – There will be a raffle the night of the event with some great prizes from our wonderful sponsors! Please click on their logos on the side of the page to check out their websites!
Costume Contest – Dress as your favorite literary character for your chance to win fabulous prizes!
Drink Specials – The awesome pubs on our route have agreed to provide us with literary themed drink specials! Participating venues include:
- The Hi-FI – Ophelia’s Memory (Grapefruit Rosemary Mule)
- Kuma’s Corner – Blood and Thunder! (Journeyman’s Wheat Whiskey, Apple Brandy, Lemon, Orgeat, Dry Cider, Red Wine and Cinnamon)
- Thunderbird – Valley of the Dolls (Evan Williams, Averna Amaro, Lazaroni Maraschino, Reagans orange bitters, and Xocolatl Mole bitters)
- New Day Meadery – The Outcider (a mango mixer, orange bitters and South Cider)
- La Margarita – Zapata’s Official Biographer (Espadin Mezcal, Citrous, Pineapple Tincture, Tumeric Simple, Circle City Ginger Kombucha)
- Fountain Square Brewing – Vonnegut’s Daughter “Amber” (a light copper colored pale ale brewed with amber malt)
Saturday, September 30th, 5:30 PM – 10:30 PM • Hi-Fi• Fountain Square
**This is a 21+ event. All proceeds go to Indy Reads in support of literacy in central Indiana.
The theme this year is Banned Books! Crawl groups and schedules will be:
All groups will meet in the Hi-Fi for the author talk, then break into groups and crawl to the following stops:
The Handmaid’s Tale
Stop 1: New Day Meadery
Stop 2: La Margarita
Stop 3: Thunderbird
Stop 1: Kuma’s Corner
Stop 2: New Day Meadery
Stop 3: La Margarita
Stop 1: La Margarita
Stop 2: Thunderbird
Stop 3: Kuma’s Corner
Brave New World
Stop 1: Thunderbird
Stop 2: Kuma’s Corner
Stop 3: New Day Meadery
After these crawl stops, all groups will come together at Fountain Square Brewery for our final costume contest and raffle!